Personal taxation is as complex as business tax. Due to the Finance Act, layers of complexity are added every year, and Citroen Wells can be relied on to give you the up-to-date professional advice that will guide you through.
Since the UK tax system introduced the system of 'self-assessment', automatic penalties are handed out for missing time limits as well as making mistakes, and these are more severe than ever. You could also find yourself the victim of a random audit – make no mistake, your financial affairs require constant planning and control from experienced professionals.
Citroen Wells can help you with:
- Maximising reliefs; including loss relief, interest relief, pension relief and the use of tax-efficient investments
- Sheltering capital gains, including hold-over and deferral reliefs
- Establishing valuations with the Revenue for capital gains tax and inheritance tax
- Setting up pension and share option schemes.
- Benefits planning, mitigating tax and NICs on benefits-in-kind
- Overseas employments and appropriate structures
- Maximising deductions for foreign duties
- Self employment versus employee status
- The use of trusts
- Handling estates and executors' income and gains
- Planning to minimise inheritance tax and the making of tax-efficient gifts.
Unlike many other firms, Citroen Wells’ personal tax department works directly with the partners responsible for your business, so your tax affairs will receive continuous attention at partner level. What's more, our specialist tax partners are experienced members of the Chartered Institution of Taxation, and are therefore able to offer sound commercial tax-saving advice, however complex.
As well as providing advice and planning, we also offer a comprehensive Tax Investigations Service to provide you with an expert technical defence should HMRC launch an enquiry into your tax affairs.
Please contact us to discover how we can help you make the most of your wealth.